Risk and Compliance Lawyer
Are you a legal professional with a solid background in Risk and Compliance? Perhaps you are a qualified lawyer, or maybe you have trained as a legal executive and deal regularly with AML, conflicts and sanctions? An opportunity has arisen to join an international commercial law firm on the cusp of major growth. Known for their diverse, inclusive culture you could be part of a firm with an emphasis on recruiting the best talent in the industry.
· Be responsible for improving processes with regards to managing conflicts, AML and sanctions issues
· Review and update policies and procedures and work closely with the Head of Risk and Compliance, the Conflicts Manager and other departments to implement change
· Advise lawyers with AML, sanctions and conflicts queries, providing wording for enhanced due diligence queries and providing drafting on the conflicts position for engagement letters
· Provide training to lawyers and staff on AML, sanctions and conflict rules
· Deal with day to day queries from the Conflicts team and escalate to the General Counsel as appropriate
Your skills and qualities:
· You’ll have a solid understanding of AML, sanctions and conflicts rules and how they apply to law firms
· You will have the confidence to engage with partners, associates and staff at all levels and will demonstrate the ability to build strong, trusting relationships
· You’ll be naturally results orientated with a nose for problem solving
· You’ll be able to adapt to changing priorities and plans accordingly
As well as receiving generous benefits and company perks, you’ll also have the ability to discuss flexible working hours. The role can be based in either London or Bristol with occasional travel in between both offices.
For more information, please get in touch today.