Are you an experienced and adpatable HR professional who is skilled at building relationships and enjoys using their initiative?
We have an opportunity with a well-respected law firm in central Bristol as an HR Business Partner. The role will initially be offered on a 10 month FTC but with a strong chance of becoming permanent.
You will ideally have some experience of working within professional services.
The role will be based in the newly refurbished Bristol office (once COVID-19 restrictions are eased), with the requirement to undertake travel to our other office locations when needed. It will support two of our four legal departments.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a pivotal role in taking the firm to the next level. There will be plenty of opportunity to add value and to make a difference, for someone with excellent technical HR ability, commercial nous, and gravitas to quickly build strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Pro-actively partner and engage with Department Heads and Partners to ensure that they and their teams are best set up for success and growth.
- Work closely with our recently appointed HR Projects Manager to help identify and drive improvement activity within the HR team and across the firm.
- Be the first point of contact for your business areas for all generalist HR matters.
- As a trusted adviser, use your expert people knowledge and strategic awareness to give pragmatic, clear and commercially balanced HR advice and guidance in accordance with current legislation and best practice.
- Lead and deliver both strategic and operational HR projects.
- Help to nurture our supportive and employee centric wellbeing culture in order to retain and develop the firm’s most talented people.
- Play a key role in the firm’s salary review, promotion and bonus processes, making recommendations as appropriate.
- Support the firm’s annual appraisal and ongoing performance management processes for your business areas, driving up engagement where needed.
- Be the HR Lead for one area of our Responsible Business Strategy which encompasses Diversity & Inclusion, Wellbeing, Community Engagement and Sustainability.
- Support, coach, line manage and mentor more junior team members as appropriate
What we are looking for from you
- Significant HR Business Partner experience in Professional Services.
- Able to quickly build effective relationships across all levels of the business, establish personal credibility and have the confidence to have challenging conversations where necessary.
- Able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavioural change.
- Commercially oriented with good business acumen.
- Experience of driving wellbeing and employee engagement initiatives.
- Positive, results-focused and have a flexible approach.
- Take ownership of issues; pro-active in terms of making improvements to processes. Able to project manage a range of tasks to completion.
- As a member of a small team, you must be able to think strategically and also to execute at an operational level.
- CIPD qualified (or have equivalent experience) with up-to-date working knowledge of current employment law and HR best practice.
- Attention to detail and good organisation skills.
- A collaborative team player who works with others effectively.
- Line management experience.
If you are keen to be considered, please apply today! The recruitment process can move quickly for the right person.