Are you an experienced ecologist with a flair for developing ecological enhancement and mitigation design? Do you have 3-8 years’ experience of consultancy work, ready to move into your next challenge? An award-winning consultancy is looking for an Ecologist to join their growing team.
- Undertaking ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat surveys and preferably for one or more protected species
- Manage ecological projects or tasks
- Liaise with clients and sub-consultants, and help to prepare fee proposals and author technical reports including most particularly ecological impact assessment reports.
- Ensure that environmental issues are at the heart of development design
- Work with our landscape designers to embed ecological design solutions into development proposals
Your Skills and Experience:
- You have experience of planning and conducting ecological surveys, including Phase 1 habitat survey and protected species surveys
- You have previous experience of consultancy work (approximately 3-8 years)
- You have a good understanding of wildlife legislation, the planning process, EIA and, ideally Habitats Regulations Assessment
- You have a relevant degree along with a broad understanding of environmental policy
More about the company:
- You’ll be joining a talented and dedicated team and be able to develop your career as the company grows
- The company is part of a larger group who actively wants to do things differently and help you realise your ambitions
- Along with competitive salary and exceptional benefits, you’d be supported through their wellbeing programmes and policies including flexible working