Are you an excellent communicator with a results-orientated attitude?
Our client, a leading international law firm, is looking for a Risk & Compliance Lawyer to assist the firm’s general counsel with a particular focus on conflicts of interest.
Your responsibilities will be:
- Understand all components of risk affecting the firm, and application of the knowledge in the drafting, updating, and implementation of relevant policies
- Advising lawyers on accepting new instructions
- Day to day conflicts queries, escalating where necessary
- Training colleagues on the relevant policies and conflicts of interest rules
- Assisting with ad hoc risk management projects
- Ensuring processes are compliant with legal obligations, working closely with the Conflicts Team Manager
- Drafting training, engagement letters, policies, and guidelines
- Become familiar with the operations of various functions of the business
Your skills and experience:
- A legal background with experience of advising on conflicts within a commercial law firm
- Degree level educated
- A qualified Lawyer with risk management experience ,OR strong relevant experience from perhaps a Legal Executive or Paralegal background
- Confident communicator, able to engage with staff at all levels of the business, including delivery of training
- Flexible working nature, able to prioritise and organise tasks accordingly
If this sounds like you, please apply today to be considered.