We are partnering with a leading law firm who are looking to recruit a Bids Executive. This is an exciting new role supporting the firm’s bid pipeline and business development activities aimed at identifying, targeting and capturing new business opportunities and strengthening our client relationships within key sectors and markets.
Working across our teams you will report jointly to the Capture Manager and Senior Manager, Business Development. You will support and work closely with members of our Bid and Business Development teams along with other professionals within the wider Client Development team.
You will be part of numerous, varied strategic projects and be exposed to many areas of the firm’s work, providing a real opportunity to build experience and knowledge of growing business in the legal world.
What you’ll do
Your focus will be around bid activities.
- Championing our sector strategy, you will be an integral part of the bid team, helping to manage the end to end bid process, including decisions around whether to bid for new opportunities – ensuring those we pursue, align with our firm strategy.
- We respond to a range and number of tenders at any given time, some with very short timescales – using your expertise, you will be competent in completing and developing tender response documentation, liaising with our lawyers and other internal teams such as HR and finance to ensure every bid is produced to an excellent standard and is brand compliant.
- You will be assigned to lead on specific bids and quotes, as well as play an important part in developing pitches for more strategic opportunities. You will be given the opportunity to take ownership of bid responses and contribute and influence bid material and firm presentations. Tasked with proofing documents, your eye for detail will help to ensure our bids meet and reflect our client requirements.
- Supporting the bid process will be critical, you will be responsible for updating the tender log, coordinating meetings, pitch rehearsals and helping ensure communication through tender portals is well managed and monitored for new opportunities.
- Understanding winning strategies is vital, you will therefore analyse feedback from post bid reviews for both wins and losses, and manage compelling bid content effectively through use and the administration of a centralised depository.
- With significant exposure to strategic decision making and bid content creation, this role will be pivotal in contributing to the ongoing development of sector plans, providing feedback to our business development and communication teams to drive growth in the South West.
- In supporting the BD team, your focus will be on implementing our sector business development plans. You will be supporting on a broad range of business development activities and will work closely with individual Sector BD managers to support the firm’s sector and practice teams.
- You will help with production of client and pitch-related documents including creating capability statements, presentation materials, team sheets and other ad-hoc requests for sales and other branded materials.
- Legal directory submissions – During the directory season, you will help co-ordinate and manage individual submissions. You will be a content champion by capturing case studies, client experiences and referees, client quotes, awards and market recognition which supports future BD profiling and sales activities.
- Targeting new opportunities and supporting on active pursuits is a key focus for the all the BD team. You will help put together sector and company-related research to support planning and drive our sector strategies and individual sales opportunities.
- Sharing successes and BD activities – your role will see you work across the team to encourage, uncover and share our success stories and upcoming activities. You will work closely with BD managers and with members of our marketing communications team to generate content and share through our internal and external communications channels.
- Assisting with external profiling activities, events and planned sector campaign activities including identifying opportunities and targets, maintaining mailing lists, helping with content development and promotional support. You will liaise with fee earners and other members of our Client Development team to support pre- and post-event activities.
- BD reports and management information – you will help track and report on sector objectives, co-ordinate and prepare routine management and other ad-hoc reports.
What we’re looking for
This will be a varied and demanding role, working with multiple business development teams and fee earners to help support our bids and business development activities. In order to be successful, you will demonstrate the following:
- Previous experience in a bids or business development role (2+ years)
- Educated to degree level
- Professional services experience (highly desirable)
- Bid experience (highly desirable)
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) skills, and proof-reading skills
- Outstanding organisation and time management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel capabilities